The anti ragging policies of BEC are based on the Honorable Supreme Court of India’s ruling and UGC regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in higher education institutions, 2009. Our institute has been free from this menace because of the active cooperation of the faculty members, students, parents and staff.
The anti ragging cell is being constituted and stringent measures are being taken to prevent ragging in the campus. The mobile numbers of anti ragging cell members are prominently displayed in the notice boards and banners. The anti ragging squad conducts regular and surprise visits to the hostels, library, food court, sport facilities and ensure freshers comfort.
The newly admitted students should submit anti ragging undertaking online / produce anti ragging affidavit on a stamp paper as per the direction of Supreme Court of India.
- Dress Code Ragging
- Playing the Fool
- Formal Introduction
- Hostel Ragging
- Verbal Torture
- Drug Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any tests and examinations
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national and international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.,
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution from period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution
- Collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers
- FIR with the police and arrest