The aim of NSS is to enable the students to develop their personality. NSS intends to create social awareness among students and provide them with an opportunity to work for the common people. It aims to instill a sense of consideration for fellow human beings in the students. It underlines the fact that the welfare of the individual ultimately depends on the welfare of the society as a whole.
Recently, our college students have conducted a rally for Election Awareness. NSS volunteers work hard day and night to ensure that every one in our society who is needy gets the every possible help from them so that they can also enhance their standards and lead a life of dignity in the society with all of us. Doing so the volunteers themselves learn a lot from the people in villages like how to struggle and how to lead a happy life in the extreme scarcity of resources and so on.
The NSS volunteers at our college are involved in a wide spectrum of activities such as
- Social service – the community around the campus
- Cleaning the EBET campus
- Planting trees
- Conducting Rally for Election Awareness
- Conducting health camps in rural areas
- Organizing blood donation camps
- Advocacy on community health
- Creating AIDs awareness, helping NGOs to raise sponsorship and funds
OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters.