|Co-Ordinator||Prof. G. Vijayakumari|
|Phone No||04285-241545 / 935|
In order to create and maintain a community in which teaching, non-teaching staff and students can work together in an environment free of sexual violence, harassment, exploitation and intimidation, Builders Engineering College (Formerly Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions) has established a cell for Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) based on the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) UGC Act 2013 and the guidelines given by Anna University, Chennai.
This comprises all kinds of gender violence, sexual harassment, and discrimination on the basis of gender. This also meets the obligation as mandated by The Supreme Court of India, in its landmark judgment in August 1997 viz., Vishaka & others vs. the State of Rajasthan & others which stated that every instance of sexual harassment is a violation of “Fundamental Rights” under Articles 14, 15, and 21 of the Constitution of India, and amounts to a violation of the “Right to Freedom” under Article 19 (1)(g). This judgment makes it obligatory for every employer and other responsible persons to follow the guide lines laid down by the Court and to evolve a specific policy to combat sexual harassment in the workplace.
Educational institutions are bound by the same directive. Following this, Builders Engineering College is committed to uphold the Constitutional mandate ensuring the above mentioned human rights of all those who fall within its jurisdiction like Anna University. Thus Builders Engineering College has established the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell (POSH).
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment;
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken against the offender
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the working and learning community on gender issues so that the University is an excellent work place for all.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the cell
|Sl. No.||Name||Professional Position||Position in the Cell|
|1.||Dr.M.Tamilarasi||Professor & Head / ECE||Presiding Officer|
|2.||Prof. G. Vijayakumari||Assistant Professor / ECE||Coordinator|
|3.||Mrs.D.Kamalaveni||Social Activist, Erode||External Member|
|4.||Mr.E.M.Ashok||Clinical Psychiatrist, Erode||External Member|
|5.||Prof. C. Karthikeyan||Registrar & HoD / S & H||Member|
|6.||Prof.S.Eswari||Assistant Professor / MCA||Member|
|7.||Prof.S.Nithyadevi||Assistant Professor / Maths||Member|
|8.||Mr.K.Sakthivadivel||Deputy Warden / Gents Hostel||Member|
|9.||Ms.M.D.Shanthi||Deputy Warden / Ladies Hostel||Member|