- Open access system is followed in the Library
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Mobile Phone to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the handbag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost. The library does not accept any responsibility for loss of any valuables left at the property counter.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the members only on producing the Membership card/Identify card.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students/Faculties on the Membership Card of Others.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the College will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.
[i] The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.
[ii] More than two renewal will not be allowed.
- No reminders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original or duplicate Library Member ID Card.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- New books received will be on display for a week.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the College.
- Library timings details of fine structure are displayed on the Library Notice Boards.
- Overnight issue is available for selected reference books/Periodicals/project reports for faculty only.
- The Librarian may take discretion to suspend the library membership and the library services, to the borrowers who fail to return the library materials or fail to pay fine charges or misbehavior etc. after due notification.
- The above rules are intended to regulate the use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the Changing needs.
- Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.